Developing an attitude of gratitude is a deliberate training of attention towards cultivating an attitude of acknowledging the benefits that we have received or will receive. The practice of gratitude takes us out of our boundaries, reminds us of our interconnectedness to everything else and connects us to what really matters in life.
Gratitude can manifest as gratitude towards the world in general, gratitude towards other people and a lack of resentment for what we do not have.
The results of practicing gratitude are deep and profound. However, they can also be felt immediately as an uplifting energy that fills our present moments with joy and beauty. All we have to do is place our attention to what we have.
- Gratitude at the end of Tips (Bhante Bodhidharma, Satipanya.org.uk)
- Day 188 I’m Grateful (ayearoflivingwisely.wordpress.com)
- 3 Ways to Find Gratitude and Perspective Even During Tought Times (moneyning.com)
- A Few Notes on Gratitude (livingdreamteam.com)
- Gratitude (hnynke.wordpress.com)
- Understanding Gratitude: Take the Time to Thank (wellbeinginsideandout.wordpress.com)
- Relax Already: Make a Gratitude List (fitsugar.com)
- gratitude (thescatteredlight.wordpress.com)