This is my personal, somewhat untraditional, definition of what meditation is. A summary of my experience during the two years of meditation retreat.
- Meditation is about allowing everything to be as it is. It is an act of radical acceptance. It is NOT about controlling, manipulating or concentrating our minds.
- Insight is a result of an authentic experience. It is not necessarily linked to the level of effort and time invested in practice. Insight is NOT a mental attempt to try and understand a particular state of consciousness.
- States of “awakeness” are our natural state of mind. We enter them only when we let go of the “doing mind”
- Surrender is the key to the gateways of wisdom.
- There is NO difference between “practice” and “daily life”. The concept of “practice in daily life” suggests duality. Daily life is just a series of different manifestations of insight.